Starting new service
- Download the New Customer Packet.
- Complete Application.
- Sign Conditions of Service & Membership card (Titled: Application for Membership & Electric Energy)
- Return the above items along with a copy of your driver's license.
- Some sheets are for information only. Only return forms requiring a signature.
- Include the date (Monday – Friday) that you would like your service connected.
Each applicant is subject to a “soft” credit check used to determine whether a deposit is needed and the amount. “Soft” credit checks don’t affect your credit. Some applicants will not be required to pay a deposit because of their good credit rating.
• Be sure to keep your account paid in a timely manner. Deposits equal to twice the average monthly bill may be charged if the account is delinquent three out of six months.
• Deposits are refunded either upon disconnection of the electric service or at the customer’s request after one year of service. If the account reflects no delinquencies or returned checks, a “soft” credit check will be done through Online Utility Exchange to determine credit worthiness and possible refund. Active accounts eligible for refunds will have their deposits refunded onto their accounts.
• Residential accounts with kWh use greater than 4,000 kWh for a one-month period are subject to a deposit of twice the average bill for that location regardless of credit history.
Some properties have two or more electric services. Deposits for each service may be required based on the credit rating obtained. A $25.00 Establishment Fee will be charged for each electric service to be connected.
You may pay the fees with a VISA or MASTERCARD by calling in the information or providing the card number, expiration date and name on the card with your paperwork if you fax or email your information back to us. Checks and cash are also welcome.
Please be sure that you provide us with correct phone numbers and e-mail addresses as we will need to contact you prior to connecting the service in order to confirm location, payment and connection date. We need at least one business day's notice to connect the service(s).
On occasion we can connect the service the same day if our crew is available. However, the customer is subject to additional fees of $250.00 if the service cannot be connected and the crew is unable to return to the office before closing at 4pm.
These documents are for individuals only. If service is to be established in the name of a business please contact our office.
Please be aware that your service cannot be established unless you hear from our office. We want to make sure that we have everything in place before the service is established. Please look for a phone call or an e-mail from us. Thank you.
If you need to have your electric service disconnected (Monday – Friday) please contact the cooperative office at 951-763-4333 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.